Wednesday 15 April 2009

What on earth...?

After leaving office life and the world of PR at the start of 2008, I've left London for six months to be the chef at a boutique hotel in the tiny hamlet of Raynaudes, set in a beautiful and sleepy corner of southwest France. With the owners, Peter and Orlando, for company (plus a stream of loyal, enthusiastic guests, a healthy menagerie of friendly neighbours and their animals) and acres of wild, lovely countryside, it's going to be an immersion into French cuisine and an escape from city life. I have amazing produce at my fingertips and a kitchen garden that is a chef's paradise. It's quite a steep learning curve, but I feel so lucky to be here that I have to pinch myself regularly...

2 comments:

  1. Thought it appropriate that your mother should be your first blogger!! I think the email to everyone can't have got through. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura (using Jon's account), how amazing, so proud of you, I am so coming to see you and pinch you myself!!

    Freddie xxx

    ReplyDelete